Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

open_basedir restriction

Go to End

11 Posts   5302 Views

trevor

53 Posts

17 October 2007 at 8:06am

Edited: 17/10/2007 8:07am

Hi,

I'm loading my silverstripe site onto a host (I've changed from one already as too many issues setting up) however I came across an open_basedir restriction in ManifestBuilder.php line 50.

So on investigating I think the issue is due to the scandir returning . and .. directories with the .. directory not being allowed in the open_basedir restriction.

So I added the following in the foreach loop also required at line 64 and 84 but with the variable $filename instead of $file and my warning has gone.

if(substr($file,0,1) == '.') continue;

Maybe a core developer could review this and add if appropriate.

HTH

regards

trevor

sazlheld

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 January 2008 at 7:51am

I have the same open_basedir problems. I am able to use silverstripe if I upload silverstripe in it's own directory in my root (silverstripe/assets etc.).
Your fix doesn't work for me. Silverstripe is just not working correctly with it (although I get no more open_basedir errors).

I get another Problem with my fix:
Instead of: [url]http://testblog.diekretzschmars.de[/url]
I have to write: [url]http://testblog.diekretzschmars.de/sivlerstripe/[/url]

Can someone post a working .htaccess for me?

trevor

53 Posts

8 January 2008 at 12:33am

HI,

What version of SS are you using?

What exactly do you mean by "Silverstripe is just not working correctly with it" all this does is skip . and .. directories?

If you want to leave in a seperate directory then I think all you need to do is add the directory onto the rewrite rule to main.php although I've never done this myself.

HTH

Salzheld

Community Member, 8 Posts

8 January 2008 at 4:47am

THe problem is that I can't tell you exactly what was wrong because I already installed it in a subdir now. I just wasn't working. What are those directories for when they aren't needed. By the way the problem was in ManifestBuilder.php. What is this file about? What exactly is a manifest file and what is it used for? Is there no use of those . and .. dirs?

I made a copy of the .htaccess file, added the silverstripe dir and copied it to the base dir:

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.php)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* silverstripe/sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

Seems like it is working now.

I will do a fresh install soon and tell what problems your fix causes here.

trevor

53 Posts

8 January 2008 at 5:04am

The . and .. files are the current and parent directories that are also returned by the scandir function and if you have open_base restriction in effect, these file enable you to do cd .. to go up a directory and can be used in relative directory addressing.

If you have it working then you don't need to reinstall I was just trying to help.

Regards

Trevor

Salzheld

8 January 2008 at 5:20am

Sorry my english is really bad.
I know what those dirs are for. But why aren't they needed for manfest builder?
By the way I am already installing.

trevor

53 Posts

8 January 2008 at 6:02am

Hi,

Your english is better than my German :)

they are not required, i think, because the routine is looking for code within the directories to establish which modules are installed and global variables defined. This is used as a look up so that it is quicker than traversing the directory structure each time.

Salzheld

8 January 2008 at 7:27am

I now installed silverstripe again. It seems like you where right.

But now I have the same problem as on my local installation. I just can't get the navigation to show up. You can surf to about-us and all those standard pages but they don't appear in the header.

[url]http://testblog.diekretzschmars.de[/url]
[url]http://testblog.diekretzschmars.de/about-us[/url]

Go to Top