Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Page Control to swap out <body id=page> w/ <body id=home_page>?

3 Posts   1960 Views

Todd

31 Posts

19 October 2007 at 8:35am

Hi,

I wish to create a page control (in the Includes section) that would check to see if the current page is the Home page, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

What I need to do is very simple, I just want to switch out "<body id = "page">" with "<body id="home_page">" in my Page.ss page type.

My guess is that I would create a page type, say PageID.ss in the Includes folder, place an if-else page control statement in the PageID.ss page, then place an "<% incude PageID%>" statement in my Page.ss file.

The problem is that I'm not sure which page controls I need use in the PageID.ss page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 October 2007 at 3:57pm

Im guessing you can use $URLSegment to do this which is a built in page control so you can do something like [code php]
<body id="<% if URLSegement = home %>home_<% end_if %>page">

Try that :P This page is handy for seeing some methods you can use - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

Todd

31 Posts

23 October 2007 at 6:52am

Hi willr,

I was able to do it another way, but I will try it your way as it seems much cleaner.

Thanks for the quick response.

Todd