Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Subscribe to blog via email

Go to End

3 Posts   2153 Views

Josh M

Community Member, 3 Posts

28 May 2015 at 10:03am

We've got a blog which we've moved from (free) WordPress to SilverStripe and the only thing we're missing is the functionality that allows users to subscribe to the blogs via email. I've done some research and I know that RSS is an option but I'm yet to find anything that allows users to subscribe to the blog or a blog category via email.

I was wondering if any of you know of an addon that allows this or if any of you have had to build this into your own site.
Thanks in advance!

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

28 May 2015 at 9:32pm

I'm not sure the state of it (or really even what it's entirely about) but I saw some chatter about this in a similar vein a while back. Could be worth looking at:
https://github.com/chillu/silverstripe-emailpipe

Sygmoral

Community Member, 46 Posts

13 December 2015 at 3:00am

Has anyone else found or created this functionality?
I also need to allow blog visitors to subscribe to the blog, so that they receive new posts directly by email. It's actually a common functionality, is it not? Doesn't any module do this yet?

Alternatively, is there a way to send automated emails from an RSS feed, every time a new item is detected on it?