Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Why is the blog holder appearing in the CMS like a regular page?

Go to End

3 Posts   1777 Views

domperignon

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 February 2010 at 11:42am

Having upgraded to 2.4, I uploaded the nightly build of 17 Feb, blog-trunk-r99407, turned on WYSIWYG blog editing by adding BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing() to /mysite/_config.php, ran /dev/build/flush=1 and went into the CMS admin UI.

Although the correct icon for the blog module is displaying on the LHS, when I click on it, I find that what should be the blog holder has Tiny MCE displayed between the 'Navigation label' and 'Name of blog' entry fields.

I further find that I can't edit the Silverstripe blog module successfully installed' post and instead get a Javascript error message: '<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Class 'DatetimeField' not found in <b>/home/[site name]/public_html/blog/code/BlogEntry.php</b> on line <b>80</b><br />. I infer from this that SS is looking for a date field in BlogEntry.php that isn't there.

What have I done wrong and how can I resolve this issue? I now have a blog module installed, supposedly, but I certainly can't use it like this.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 February 2010 at 8:17pm

Ingo recently did a huge refactoring of the Datetime functionality see http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/1e3cb9e891b62c82.

The module was then updated to fit the new API - http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/99407/modules/blog/trunk/code

So you'll have to run the latest build of both 2.4 and blog.

domperignon

Community Member, 5 Posts

6 March 2010 at 11:03am

With apologies for the late reply, thanks for letting me know about this.