Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

auto blog entry from RSS feed?

Go to End

4 Posts   2161 Views

theoldlr

Community Member, 103 Posts

17 March 2010 at 9:17am

Is it possible to use an RSS feed from another site/blog to create entries into the SS blog module? I have seen snippets of examples that create links to the external articles on the blog, but none that add them as an entry to your own blog. Is this possible? All advice/links appreciated.

carlos

Community Member, 42 Posts

19 March 2010 at 2:17pm

Hi theoldlr,

There is a module called rssaggregator. You can add rss sources (i.e. http://silverstripe.org/blog/rss) and display them as a blog.

cheers
Carlos

theoldlr

Community Member, 103 Posts

20 March 2010 at 2:36am

thanks for the reply, carlos

Unfortunately, though, that module broke the cms for my site. Also, my intent was to have the external content integrated into the blog module so that the feed entries would be intermixed with the user created blog entries rather than on a separate page. Does anyone have a good idea on how I might do this?

Thanks!

musike

Community Member, 3 Posts

29 October 2010 at 8:39am

I would also be interested to have rss feed displayed as blog entries...

I tried with rssaggregator but there is no support, and the entries are displayed inside a left side menu and not in plain page

I tried with restfulservice but it seems that the example given at this page http://doc.silverstripe.org/restfulservice only works with the rss url given. It is a matter of rss formatting....

sorry not to help