Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

setting 'allow_wysiwyg_editing' crashes site (using blog-v0.3.0)

3 Posts   1284 Views

weareorganism

Community Member, 14 Posts

30 March 2010 at 3:38pm

Edited: 30/03/2010 3:39pm

Hi there,

When I enable TinyMCE editing by adding the line "BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();" to the _config.php file associated with the blog module I can no longer access my site.

Firefox 3.6.2 reports that there is a Content Encoding Error: The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

IE 8 just fails

Safari 4.04 reports that Safari can’t open the page “[url removed by author]”. The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (CFURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Help > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

If I modify the BlogEntry.php file directly and hardcode the setting to true everything works as expected.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,
Peter

ganassa

Community Member, 1 Post

9 April 2010 at 2:27am

Hi
I've just set up _config.php with the "BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();" entry, and it works for me (SS 2.3.7 + blog 0.3.0)

weareorganism

Community Member, 14 Posts

15 April 2010 at 1:09pm

UPDATE:

Seems my issue is caused by having this added to my config file as per another user's suggestion elsewhere in the forum:

ob_start("ob_gzhandler");

I have since removed the line and everything is working fine. Makes sense that a compression error is stemming from a compression handler.

Incidentally I'm running the site on a shared hosting package on Dreamhost.

Thanks,
Peter