Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog Pagination working in 2.4?

Go to End

3 Posts   2440 Views

Matty Balaam

Community Member, 74 Posts

29 June 2010 at 6:34am

I can't get blog pagination working. I'm sure it worked when I hosted a site on 2.3, but not using the latest build of the blog for 2.4. I've even tried a blank install with just the blog module added, but I get no joy. Is this a known issue?

carlos

Community Member, 42 Posts

29 June 2010 at 5:58pm

Hi Matty

Pagination is working, the default number of entries to show per page is 10 ($default_entries_limit in BlogTree.php).

- What template are you using? did you include BlogPagination in your BlogHolder or BlogTree? <% include BlogPagination %>
- What is your blog structure? BlogHolder >> BlogEntry?

cheers
Carlos

Matty Balaam

Community Member, 74 Posts

29 June 2010 at 8:51pm

Edited: 29/06/2010 8:52pm

Ah yes, I've got it working now, thanks for the default_entries hint. I think in the past I must have amended the amount of blog entries in the php file. I had been assuming the option for Blog Holder in the CMS to show only the last month's entries would then allow older months to be accessed by the same method.

Is there a way of specifying in the template the number of entries to show in a holder?