Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Extend BlogEntry to allow list of sibling entries [SOLVED]

Go to End

2 Posts   1635 Views

losqualo

Community Member, 17 Posts

7 September 2010 at 1:04am

Edited: 07/09/2010 3:06am

I would like to include a short list of latest siblings to a current blog entry in sidebar navigation.

When on the entry page there is no access to BlogEntries and I can't figure out how to reach the siblings information... I'd need the navigation text and link at the very least.

Clearly the entry itself has no children, so the Children controller won't work. I've tried using ChildrenOf, but am either not sending the appropriate info, or it's not the solution either.

Thought about extending the class as the likely solution, but my understanding of OOP at this point is insufficient without some guidance.

If there are five articles in a BlogHolder and I'm on the entry page for one of them, then I'd want to list all five, with the current one inactive and highlighted, and the other four as active links. That side of it I can handle, but I'm not clear on how to obtain the list of siblings as data on which to then work.

Thanks for any pointers.

Rob

losqualo

Community Member, 17 Posts

7 September 2010 at 3:05am

Duh!

Talk about overlooking the obvious! Helps to have ShowInMenus enabled... all works then!