Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

multiple "Blog Management" "Subscribe via RSS" shown

Go to End

4 Posts   1590 Views

djaffinito

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 July 2010 at 10:09am

Hello all,

I use silverstripe 2.4.0 with the Blog 0.4.0. What's happening is, on the blog page, it's listing Blog Management, Subscribe via RSS, and the rest of the widgets multiple times.

It was showing 2 of each, when I tried to go in to the CMS and Blog -> Widgets -> and remove them, it added more, so now it shows 4+ of each.

How can I remove these? I've tried via the CMS several times. The changes made there are not taking effect

Attached are screenshots of what I'm talking about.

Thank you!
David

Attached Files
digibrains

Community Member, 130 Posts

16 July 2010 at 10:39am

Hi David,

I'm having a fair amount of issues with the RSS widget (See previous post) myself. Not that it's definitely to blame, but I've had issues after removing it the first time. Now all my widgets are acting up.

I've had limited success with clicking the "Save and Publish" button after removing or adding each widget. Still having issues when it comes to the RSS widget though.

Chris.B

djaffinito

16 July 2010 at 11:25am

Edited: 16/07/2010 11:25am

Thank you for your reply. I tried removing each at a time, and hitting save and publish, but still ended up with the same results. One thing that I've noticed is that I have Available Widgets and Widgets currently used being listed twice. See the attached screen shot.

That may be why it's happening? Why would they be listed twice?

The only modification I've made is to be able to have widgets on the home page which I did by editing my mysite/code/Page.php to add this information:

class Page extends SiteTree {
static $db = array(
);
static $has_one = array(
"WidgetSpot" => "WidgetArea",

);
function getCMSFields() {
$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Widgets", new WidgetAreaEditor("WidgetSpot"));
return $fields;
}

}

Is that what's doing this?

Thanks for all the help

Attached Files
djaffinito

16 July 2010 at 11:47am

Well, I put the default Page.php back, and I was able to remove all the extra's. Then I put my modified one back and it still looks good, I just can't add or remove widgets from the blog page, which is fine because I don't need to change it anymore.