Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Very strange problem with the blog module (maybe me).


Reply


2 Posts   711 Views

Avatar
Mauve

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 November 2010 at 5:29pm

Hello,

Hope I'm not asking an obvious question, but I'm at a loss here :

I have two silverstripe installations, one on a wamp stack in its own silverstripe subdir, and another on a lamp stack (fedora 10) at the server's root.

I'm very new to silverstripe, so I may be doing something wrong, but I tried to install the blog module on both setups, and while I find the little blog icon at the bottom of the sitetree on the wamp hosted site, it fails to appear without any warning or error of any kind on my lamp server. Of course, I flushed both dbs and even site caches.

Is it a known error, or was my primary setup of silverstripe at the http server's root a mistake ? I'm very confused, and I've little to show.

When I run localhost/dev/build/?flush=1, I've got this highlighted in blue :

# SiteTree
# Field SiteTree.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','BlogEntry','BlogTree','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','BlogHolder') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
# Field SiteTree_Live.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','BlogEntry','BlogTree','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','BlogHolder') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')
# Field SiteTree_versions.ClassName: changed to enum('SiteTree','Page','BlogEntry','BlogTree','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','BlogHolder') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree' (from enum('SiteTree','Page','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'SiteTree')

I see nothing wrong here, to the contrary it seems it should work...

Thank you for any pointer on that matter.

Avatar
Mauve

Community Member, 5 Posts

21 November 2010 at 6:17pm

Ok, I nailed it - silly me.

I looked into the httpd error log and noticed the SideTextWidget.php was raising an error because there's a missing semi-colon on line 21.

Of course, both my setups were almost identical... but I hadn't installed this widget on the wamp stack yet... so no errors on this side.

I leave both this messages here because of the SideTextWidget bug.

Cheers,

Mauve