Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Completely removing the blog module?

Go to End

5 Posts   1721 Views

Jay-Dee

Community Member, 11 Posts

1 March 2011 at 3:58pm

Hello all,

I installed the blog module, but for some reason front end entry posts were not working, So I decided to remove and reinstall the blog.

So, I deleted the blog folder, went through the database and removed all "blog" related tables, and that seemed to work, I don't see any "blog" page in my panel's site tree. However, if I visit mysite.com/blog, I see a blank page with the title "Blog" and the following text: "Generated with the default ContentController.ss template", and after reinstalling the blog module, the mentioned page becomes a working blog page, but it is empty, and I can not edit it. Also, if I create a new blog holder page and name it blog, SS automatically renames it to blog-2.

So, what am I doing wrong? how can I completely remove my old blog and make a fresh install?

Any help will be appreciated =)
Thanks
Jay

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 March 2011 at 5:23pm

Removing just the code doesn't remove the pages from the CMS. Neither does removing the BlogEntry page tables since the blog entries extend over the 'SiteTree', 'SiteTree_Live' and 'Page' tables as well.

Your best bet is to fix this in the database by deleting any records from the SiteTree and SiteTree_Live tables which have to do with your blog.

Jay-Dee

2 March 2011 at 4:05am

Again, I aprecciate your quick reply, Will =)

It looked like I hadn't deleted all blog related tables.
I have managed to reinstall the module!

Now, I know I can set the blog to only be visible for logged in users. But what I want is to make it visible for anyone, and require users to log in if they want to comment on my entries. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 March 2011 at 9:20pm

Yes you can set comments to be logged in only. In < 3.0 releases you can use..

PageCommentInterface:: set_comments_require_login(true);

And you can optionally set a permission level for comments using set_comments_require_permission().

Reference: http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/cms/comments/PageCommentInterface.html#methodset_comments_require_login

Jay-Dee

3 March 2011 at 2:46am

Great! thanks Willr!
Now I still have the same problem I had in the first place with posting entries via Blog Manager on the front end. I guess for now I can live with posting through the admin panel. But I would like to fix this =/