Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Remove Author Field

Go to End

12 Posts   2290 Views

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

27 June 2011 at 5:24am

Unfortunately not! I have tried a few different approaches and all of them have proven in-effective.

Looking at the source code, it looks like the BlogEntry class is supposed to have the current logged in user pre-populated in the Author field, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work.

The only other thing I could think that you could do would be to generate a dropdown of all members (possibly filtered by a group, say 'blog-editors') and replace the existing author field with that.

Mo

mierla

Community Member, 16 Posts

27 June 2011 at 5:27am

Hey... that's a thought. I think I'll give that a shot - thanks!

mierla

Community Member, 16 Posts

27 June 2011 at 6:30am

It worked! (I think; haven't tested front-end editing yet)
I edited BlogEntry directly, which I know is a no-no. Now that I've got it working, I may try to go back to stock there and properly extend the BlogEntry class.

So here's what I did:

I removed Author from the db array, and added it as a has_one, then added this to the getCMSFields function:

$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new DropdownField('AuthorID', 'Please choose an author', Dataobject::get("Member")->map("ID", "FullName", $fullName)), "Content");

It *seems* to be working. I added a getComponent function, and now I can call all the Member fields from my template. Hooray! Thank you!

webmanj

Community Member, 7 Posts

1 February 2012 at 11:48pm

Hello all,

I'm a little late to the game but I do have a solution if no one has one that really works. Here's what you do:

public function populateDefaults(){
   parent::populateDefaults();
   $this->setField('Date', date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('now')));
   $this->Author = Member::currentUser() ? Member::currentUser()->FirstName : '';
}

Then, comment out OR remove/replace the following entries from getCMSFields

//$firstName = Member::currentUser() ? Member::currentUser()->FirstName : '';
//$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new TextField("Author", _t("BlogEntry.AU", "Author"), $firstName),"Content");
$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new TextField("Author", _t("BlogEntry.AU", "Author")),"Content");

This has worked 100% of the time and I believe is the correct way to do it.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Jason

Go to Top