Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog vs. User Permissions?

Go to End

3 Posts   1235 Views

jand

Community Member, 30 Posts

20 June 2011 at 11:33pm

Hi, I'm trying to create a security group with members who have edit access to the blog only (they may not edit the other pages). I found this "Blog management" right in the permissions settings. But if I check this and uncheck all other, the users are not allowed to see the admin panel at all.

So, how can I achieve a "manage only blog" group?

thanks
Jan

Plato Creative

Community Member, 26 Posts

21 June 2011 at 9:57am

Edited: 21/06/2011 9:57am

You'll need to let them log into the backend (Access to Pages Section, tick), or put the blog management widget on the blog holder/tree.

The management widget lets users post from the front end, though the editor isn't quite as complete as the backend CMS one. Specifically there are issues when it comes to uploading images (you can't). You'll also need to create a method for them to log in. A direct link to /Security/login?backUrl=/blog should probably do it, or you could investigate the member profiles module https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles

jand

Community Member, 30 Posts

21 June 2011 at 11:31pm

Edited: 22/06/2011 3:42am

Hi, thanks for the reply!
The management widget seems to be no option for us (because we need images).

So the blog managers have "Access to Pages Section" and than we have to restrict edit access to all other pages, right?

EDIT: Well, this approach is working. Unfortunately not with our installation (Subsites Module) but we will figure this out ...