Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog Sidebar CSS breaks when too many posts.

Go to End

Kereru

Community Member, 9 Posts

25 November 2011 at 9:49pm

http://kererubrewing.co.nz/content/blog/

When you view the top level of my Blog (assuming it is still November 2011 when you read this) or you look at the posts for the month of November 2011 you will see that the sidebar is being rendered at the bottom left of the page after the entries.

I am thinking this is because of the number of posts for the month as this does not happen for any of the previous months (which have fewer posts). I can't really tell what is causing this and would love some suggestions. Is it because of pagination chucking some extra code (like a <div> ) into things?

If I unpublish posts and reduce the number visible to 6 or fewer the sidebar is shown in the correct place and root blog page looks fine. If I save and publish the hidden ones so there are more than 6 the sidebar vanishes.

If you click on an individual blog entry the sidebar displays correctly and if you click on an earlier month's posts it also works.

Please help - this is most odd and a bit frustrating.

Kind regards,
Chris Mills