Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Installation

4 Posts   669 Views

Urza9814

Community Member, 2 Posts

12 January 2012 at 3:23pm

OK, so the docs linked to from the module page no longer exist; the docs linked to in the readme have a different URL, but also no longer exist, so I'm going on the tiny hint of instruction offered here:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/modules

So, I copied the folder into my SilverStripe root folder, renamed it 'blog', and then ran ?flush=1...but I'm finding no signs that the blog has been installed anywhere on my site. Certainly not on the main page, and in the admin page when I go to create a new page, there are no blog options like on the demo page. And I checked the folder permissions, the server should have full access to the blog folder. Any suggestions?

Tim Snadden

Community Member, 32 Posts

12 January 2012 at 9:07pm

Running /dev/build (e.g. http://yoursite.com/dev/build) should make the necessary updates to the database.

Urza9814

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 January 2012 at 3:14am

Tried that, still not getting anything.

Tim Snadden

Community Member, 32 Posts

13 January 2012 at 7:32am

Are you looking at the backend or the frontend for changes? In the backend you need to create a new page with a type of blog holder.

You could try /dev/build?flush=all

Installing modules like this has always worked for me so you may want to look a bit closer at your setup if that doesn't work. Try another module for a test and see what happens.

I seem to remember that some modules (e.g. Data Object Manager) require that the directory be named a particular way (e.g. dataobject_manager rather than dom or something else) but I don't think this is the case with the blog module.