Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog widget content missing

Go to End

4 Posts   2364 Views

iadawn

Community Member, 13 Posts

31 August 2012 at 5:18am

Hi All,

I am a bit stumped with this one. I am doing a build using 3.0.1 and the latest Blog and Widgets modules. I had previously done this in 2.4.7 (iirc) and all was fine.

The set up is to have a widget sidebar with an archive and tag cloud widget. When I first got this all set up there were no dates on the archive widget, which I couldn't understand. I did a bit of debugging and it turns out that the Dates function wasn't even being called. I even tried putting in a dummy function and calling that... no joy.

Then I changed the order of the widgets in the Widgets area. On a reload, hey presto, archive dates. Wooo hooo! No tags. Booo!

Swapped them round again, no archive dates, but tags back.

To exclude the 'I have done something dumb' issue, I did a completely vanilla build and the same thing happens.

The screenshot shows the two widget positions, I have chucked a couple of ':' into the widget template before and after the $Content.
Anyone?!

Thanks

Kevin

Attached Files
haantje72

Community Member, 69 Posts

4 September 2012 at 6:36am

i had it the same way. In the blog module templates/includes/blogsidebar.ss i have the total code replaced with:
<aside>
<% if Menu(2) %>
<nav class="secondary">
<h3>
<% loop Level(1) %>
$Title
<% end_loop %>
</h3>
<ul>
<% loop Menu(2) %>
<li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Ga naar $Title.XML page"><span class="arrow">&rarr;</span><span class="text">$MenuTitle.XML</span></a></li>
<% if LinkOrSection = section %>
<% if Children %>
<ul>
<% control Children %>
<li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Ga naar $Title.XML page"><span class="arrow2">&rarr;</span><span class="text2">$MenuTitle.XML</span></a></li>
</ul>
<% end_control %>
<% end_if %>
<% end_if %>
<% end_loop %>
</ul>
</nav>
<% end_if %>
<p>$MyWidgetArea</p>
</aside>

Then i installed the module widgets and added a widget to mysite/code/page.php as described in module widget.

From the old install ive copied the old folder themes/blackcandy_blog and put it in the folder of the ss3.1 install themes.
Renamed it after mytheme_blog (in my case simple_blog)

ran an dev/build?flush=all

In the CMS youve got an widgets tab where you can add the widget wich must be shown.

With me works like a charm now.

cmc

Community Member, 33 Posts

19 September 2012 at 8:57pm

iadawn,
I am able to repeat the same error. Archive or Tags only show content if they're the top widget in the list.

haantje72,
Fix does not work. I'm guessing you have defined $MyWidgetArea in your mysite/code/Page.php ?

carlos

Community Member, 42 Posts

20 September 2012 at 4:37pm

Hi,

This issue should be fixed now.

cheers
Carlos