Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Blog widget content missing

4 Posts   1010 Views

iadawn

Community Member, 13 Posts

31 August 2012 at 5:18am

Hi All,

I am a bit stumped with this one. I am doing a build using 3.0.1 and the latest Blog and Widgets modules. I had previously done this in 2.4.7 (iirc) and all was fine.

The set up is to have a widget sidebar with an archive and tag cloud widget. When I first got this all set up there were no dates on the archive widget, which I couldn't understand. I did a bit of debugging and it turns out that the Dates function wasn't even being called. I even tried putting in a dummy function and calling that... no joy.

Then I changed the order of the widgets in the Widgets area. On a reload, hey presto, archive dates. Wooo hooo! No tags. Booo!

Swapped them round again, no archive dates, but tags back.

To exclude the 'I have done something dumb' issue, I did a completely vanilla build and the same thing happens.

The screenshot shows the two widget positions, I have chucked a couple of ':' into the widget template before and after the $Content.
Anyone?!

Thanks

Kevin

Attached Files
haantje72

Community Member, 69 Posts

4 September 2012 at 6:36am

i had it the same way. In the blog module templates/includes/blogsidebar.ss i have the total code replaced with:
<aside>
   <% if Menu(2) %>
      <nav class="secondary">
         <h3>
            <% loop Level(1) %>
            $Title
            <% end_loop %>
         </h3>
         <ul>
            <% loop Menu(2) %>
            <li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Ga naar $Title.XML page"><span class="arrow">&rarr;</span><span class="text">$MenuTitle.XML</span></a></li>
<% if LinkOrSection = section %>
<% if Children %>
<ul>
<% control Children %>
<li class="$LinkingMode"><a href="$Link" title="Ga naar $Title.XML page"><span class="arrow2">&rarr;</span><span class="text2">$MenuTitle.XML</span></a></li>
</ul>
<% end_control %>
<% end_if %>
<% end_if %>
            <% end_loop %>
         </ul>
      </nav>
   <% end_if %>   
   <p>$MyWidgetArea</p>
</aside>

Then i installed the module widgets and added a widget to mysite/code/page.php as described in module widget.

From the old install ive copied the old folder themes/blackcandy_blog and put it in the folder of the ss3.1 install themes.
Renamed it after mytheme_blog (in my case simple_blog)

ran an dev/build?flush=all

In the CMS youve got an widgets tab where you can add the widget wich must be shown.

With me works like a charm now.

cmc

Community Member, 23 Posts

19 September 2012 at 8:57pm

iadawn,
I am able to repeat the same error. Archive or Tags only show content if they're the top widget in the list.

haantje72,
Fix does not work. I'm guessing you have defined $MyWidgetArea in your mysite/code/Page.php ?

carlos

Community Member, 41 Posts

20 September 2012 at 4:37pm

Hi,

This issue should be fixed now.

cheers
Carlos