Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error : Class 'Widget' not found in

Go to End

6 Posts   5617 Views

omyzach

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 October 2012 at 2:50am

Fatal error : Class 'Widget' not found in on line /home/content/31/9926731/html/test-cms/blog/code/widgets/BlogManagementWidget.php

First time SilverStrip user here. I installed the blog and it works fine, but when I go to add roles, I get this error.. this there something I missed? I didn't find much for installation or help documentation on the module site.

I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks!

omyzach

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 October 2012 at 9:50am

I fixed the issue by updating to the latest version on Github.

Rob Clarkson

Community Member, 26 Posts

9 November 2012 at 4:21pm

Hey mate,

I've got this, I can't edit the user permissions.

Latest version of what? I'm running the latest blog version : 0.6

Cheers
Rob

quamsta

Community Member, 29 Posts

6 December 2012 at 10:42am

I was able to fix this by installing the silverstripe-widgets module from GitHub

https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-widgets/downloads

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

18 July 2013 at 11:33pm

I'm having the same issue - when I try to edit a user in the Security section of the CMS I get:

Fatal error: Class 'Widget' not found in /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/blog/code/widgets/BlogManagementWidget.php on line 6

I've tried fixing it by adding silverstripe/widgets to my composer.json (and running composer update), but this hasn't helped any.

At first I tried using (which I got from: https://packagist.org/packages/silverstripe/widgets):

"silverstripe/widgets": "dev-master"

but it complained about not running the correct verson of silverstripe, so I changed this to

"silverstripe/widgets": "0.1.*@dev"

But it still doesn't work

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

18 July 2013 at 11:53pm

Quick update - I got it working..

After the composer method didn't work, I removed the line from my composer.json file, run composer update, then manually installed the module by downloading it from https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-widgets/downloads (as suggested - duh), and copying it into a folder (in the root) called 'widgets'.

At first, this also didn't work - but then I remembers to run /build/dev, and now it's working.

It's possible that it might have worked if I had run /build/dev after installing it via composer - but I don't care anymore as it's working now :)