Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Posting comments gets stuck at /CommentingController/CommentsForm

4 Posts   2237 Views

MikeP

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 July 2013 at 4:10pm

Hi there,

I have the blog, comments and widgets modules installed. Comments were working, but recently I whenever I post a comment I get redirected to a blank page at /CommentingController/CommentsForm. Pretty sure I didn't change anything with the comments or blog modules. Anyone else have this problem?

PS. I am using a Postrgres database if that helps.

Cheers,
MikeP

MikeP

1 July 2013 at 4:16pm

This is my Comments config:

private static $default_config = array(
'require_login' => false, // boolean, whether a user needs to login
'required_permission' => false, // required permission to comment (or array of permissions)
'include_js' => true, // Enhance operation by ajax behaviour on moderation links
'use_gravatar' => true, // set to true to show gravatar icons,
'gravatar_size' => 80, // size of gravatar in pixels. This is the same as the standard default
'show_comments_when_disabled' => false, // when comments are disabled should we show older comments (if available)
'order_comments_by' => "\"Created\" ASC",
'comments_per_page' => 10,
'comments_holder_id' => "comments-holder", // id for the comments holder
'comment_permalink_prefix' => "comment-", // id prefix for each comment. If needed make this different
'require_moderation' => true,
'html_allowed' => true, // allow for sanitized HTML in comments
'html_allowed_elements' => array('a', 'img', 'i', 'b'),
'use_preview' => false, // preview formatted comment (when allowing HTML). Requires include_js=true
);

and blog version 0.6.x-dev, comments version 1.1.x-dev, and widgets version 0.1.x-dev

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 July 2013 at 6:12pm

Check your PHP error log for any error messages. Does the comment get saved? The normal behaviour is you will be redirected to CommentingController/CommentsForm but that will take you back to your last page after it has finished processing.

MikeP

2 July 2013 at 8:32am

Thanks for the speedy reply, Willr. Looks like its a problem with the html purifier module blocking the redirect. Much appreciated!