Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog 0.5 + SS 2.4.11 - Redirect loop in blogholder

Go to End

2 Posts   2294 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

25 August 2013 at 11:47pm

Edited: 25/08/2013 11:59pm

Hi,

I just upgraded to SS 2.4.11 and have tried installing the latest compatible blog module, which I believe is 0.5 since 0.6 requires SS 3.

Install went fine. Dummy holder and post created in CMS. Can edit and save fine, and can view the blog entry fine.

However when I go to visit the blog holder at /blog, I get a redirect loop message and the URL looks like this: /blog?url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog&url=/blog

I have the module installed in a directory called /silverstripe_blog. I have made no changes to the code. And in fact I have successfully installed the same blog version on the same SS version (vanilla). So I'm thinking it's a config issue either on my local machine, or .htaccess. But I've stepped through and commented out much of the latter to no avail.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

26 August 2013 at 12:06am

Edited: 26/08/2013 12:10am

Managed to track this down to the url of the blog holder "/blog". I changed that to "sa-blog" and all is fine.

Not sure of the reason why yet. No conflict in the database. The module has never been installed before now.

Also replaced .htaccess with the contents of a (working with blog) vanilla installation. No change. If I try to use the url /blog, it just gets this error.