Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

upgrade and Re-install .. still nothing?

3 Posts   783 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

25 September 2013 at 10:53am

I had a SS3 site I was developing.. then a core change caused it to break (think it was about private statics?)
Anyway, today I decided to get back to it, but after trying to update with composer..
I gave up stripped out all modules, edited the json file, and then required them again via composer, thinking that forcing the latest versions would fix any issue.
Alas... I now get this error if I try to view the site (front or admin)

"Notice: Undefined index: configDirs in F:\vhost\mysite\framework\core\manifest\ClassManifest.php on line 133

Fatal error: Access level to BlogEntry::$db must be public (as in class Page) in F:\vhost\mysite\blog\code\BlogEntry.php on line 7"

Please help..

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

25 September 2013 at 10:39pm

Fatal error: Access level to BlogEntry::$db must be public (as in class Page) in F:\vhost\mysite\blog\code\BlogEntry.php on line 7"

You'll also need to downgrade the blog module to an older version (the public -> private change is unavoidable) though I recommend you get everything on 3.1 and fresh as 3.1 has a lot of solid improvements so work the short term pain.

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

26 September 2013 at 12:00pm

OK, I have a running copy again.. WOW.. a bit of a learning curve to this git + composer thing..
so, my json file now reads:
{
   "name": "silverstripe/installer",
   "description": "The SilverStripe Framework Installer",
   "require": {
      "php": ">=5.3.2",
      "silverstripe/cms": "3.1.x-dev",
      "silverstripe/framework": "3.1.x-dev",
      "silverstripe-themes/simple": "*",
      "silverstripe/blog": "dev-master",
      "silverstripe/comments": "dev-master",
      "silverstripe/widgets": "dev-master"
   },
   "config": {
      "process-timeout": 600   
   },
   "minimum-stability": "dev"
}

It works but I am unsure if this will update correctly overtime?
Also the suggested instal of simplepie, where can it be found and how to install?