Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Validation Error

5 Posts   1951 Views

ahooper

Community Member, 8 Posts

11 January 2009 at 10:54am

I have set up the latest trunk version of CMS as there seemed to be some issues with the earlier version and the forums module. I have also pulled the latest version of the BLOG and added that. However i am getting some strange errors and posting blogs from within the admin interface seems to fail.

After creating a new BlogEntry and filling in the relevent information then clicking the "Save and Publish" button i receive a "Validation Error" toward the bottom left of the interface. Then at the mottom of the page i get a green box with red outline stating the following.
"Please enter a valid date format (DD/MM/YYYY)."

Although i have turned on HTML code so i can hopefully add flash items into the blogs i also tested with the bbcode's and get the same problem.

If however I use the main blog site page admin to add, modify the text this seems to work.

Regards
Andrew

ahooper

Community Member, 8 Posts

12 January 2009 at 10:41am

Could not figure out the reason for this error so I removed the entire system including the database, reinstalled fresh and evryting worked a treat. My guess is that there was some form of incompatibility in a database field but am not compleatly sure

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

17 January 2009 at 4:25am

Edited: 17/01/2009 4:27am

Hmmm.. I bumped into this once as well...

It works okay with the RC2 , but not with the trunk version of Silverstripe ......

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

17 January 2009 at 8:45am

I came across this as well when using SSDatetime in combination with CalendarDateField - which now doesn't seem to accept dates with hour/minute/seconds in it. When I replaced SSDatetime with Date the problem went away.

I'm just wondering, is there cms validation now?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

17 January 2009 at 9:42am

Yeah, it seems we are getting CMS validation in the next release (2.3).

Change the type from SSDateTime to Date fixes it indeed , but the blog uses SSDateTime as well so I guess we'll have to wait for the next trunk release ... ;-)

People always warn against using RC's or beta's in development environments, but I can never resist the urge... hahha ;-)