Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Global Search doesn't work while on Blog Entries

Go to End

12 Posts   4920 Views

h0nki

Community Member, 7 Posts

26 May 2009 at 10:34pm

Hi Folks,

i have noticed some strange behaviour while on Blog Entry Pages. The Global Search of SS which i implemented on all Page Modules works perfect for every content site and the Blog Holder / Summary Site. Only at the BlogEntry Site i'll get Website Error if i'm trying to search something.

I don't know if this is a Bug. Maybe i just forgot to extend the Blog Entry Controller. Can somebody help me?

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 June 2009 at 2:44pm

Did you find a solution to this? I 've come across the same problem.

h0nki

27 June 2009 at 1:54am

nope, still no solution found. i am not that kind of a professional coder, i am screendesigner that has to argue with silverstripe. for me is as a designer this cms is actually one of the worst i have ever seen. nothing really works together. each module works for its own, but many of them together fail. also the implemantion of jquery as additional framework is nearly impossible, which is horrible to me.

i hope the developers will fix a lot of bugs in the next weeks, otherwise i dont see a future for this cms.

Web Designer Perth

Community Member, 49 Posts

29 June 2009 at 3:27pm

Same issue here :(

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 June 2009 at 5:38pm

i'll get Website Error if i'm trying to search something.

Put the site in dev mode so you at least get some useful error messaging - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=debugging. Just add Director::set_environment_type("dev"); in your _config file which you will see the actual error output which will give you a clue to what is wrong

also the implemantion of jquery as additional framework is nearly impossible

Are you talking about the front end or the backend? While it is not ideal at the moment it should not nearly be 'impossible'. We are undertaking a large about of jquery work over the next 3 months so the JS inside SS will be cleaned right up for 2.4

each module works for its own, but many of them together fail

Because of the many, many combinations that could occur we cannot test all of them together for every instance. We do test the latest trunk builds together via integration testing but if you do see a bug please report it so we can do something about it :)

i hope the developers will fix a lot of bugs in the next weeks

The core developers are constantly working on the modules and cms for our projects but if you find any issues please raise them on open.silverstripe.org so we can keep track of them (making sure of course its not already been reported and/or is not fixed in the latest release)

h0nki

29 June 2009 at 8:10pm

In Dev Mode I get this error:

Action 'SearchForm' isn't allowed on class BlogEntry_Controller

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 June 2009 at 8:19pm

Ok strange, perhaps try just add this to your Page_Controller

static $allowed_actions = array('SearchForm');

h0nki

29 June 2009 at 8:25pm

Yes! Thats it! Thanks!

But i would have never thought of this. Maybe for the future a cheatsheet with all common available functions would be nice. So i don't have to guess.

Go to Top