Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Sidebar and Content won't align?

Go to End

2 Posts   2967 Views

Jwilcox

Community Member, 1 Post

18 June 2009 at 1:55am

I have been trying to get a blog to work on my site for a few days now. At first there was no sidebar and the content was spanning the whole wrapper. Then there was a sidebar and my content was in the right section like it was supposed to be BUT it started where the sidebar ended - leaving a huge gap at the start of the blog content.

At this point I know how my content showing up in the right place but my sidebar has completely disapeered.

I have tried changing the size of my content area down as I thought it was possible there wasn't enough room for both divs horizontally but nothing changed. My sidebar floats left and my content floats right.

I have tried to troubleshoot this for hours and it is exhausting :) Can somebody please offer some suggestions to fix what is going on?

For your assistance I'll give you one giant cyber hug :)

Attached Files
Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

6 July 2009 at 2:12am

Edited: 06/07/2009 2:12am

in that screen shot I dont see any side bar at all.

As you have described your sidebar is left floated and your content is right floated I think that reducing some width from either from your sidebar or content area will fix the problem. If you can show up the template code I think someone will be able to give a proper answer.