Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Embed YouTube videos

Go to End

10 Posts   4791 Views

animasola

23 June 2009 at 2:26am Community Member, 121 Posts

How do you embed youtube videos in blog posts?

animasola

9 July 2009 at 9:03pm Community Member, 121 Posts

Up

Anyone?

cliersch

10 July 2009 at 12:00am (Last edited: 10 July 2009 12:56am), Community Member, 75 Posts

You could change Content field typ to "HTMLTextField" and post it from the CMS (use the HTML Editor)!

jovoo

11 July 2009 at 4:00am (Last edited: 11 July 2009 4:07am), Community Member, 12 Posts

Hello everyone,

is it possible to use the HTMLTextField in a DataObject, somehow? I would like to use DataObjects instead of Pages in every subcategory. But I haven't found a way to embed youtube videos there, yet.

Any ideas for a solution?

Cheers
jovoo

mrwindupbird

25 October 2009 at 5:41am Community Member, 26 Posts

I would love some help with this as well. I tried changing the Content class to HTMLEditorField which seemed to work fine in CMS however when displayed on the website all the HTML was displayed as text. i.e. - <p>'s and youtube embedding code was displayed as normal text... Learning a lot as I work through this, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

SightUnseen

28 October 2009 at 11:27am (Last edited: 28 October 2009 11:30am), Community Member, 28 Posts

I have the following in the /mysite/_config.php file which disables bbcode and utilises TinyMCE instead:

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

which allows Youtube entries, as seen here: http://crew.org.nz

mrwindupbird

28 October 2009 at 3:36pm Community Member, 26 Posts

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

...I'm afraid I don't know what this does.. I included it in _config.php and nothing appears to have changed...

mrwindupbird

1 November 2009 at 3:45am Community Member, 26 Posts

Wondering if anyone else has some idea as to what might be the problem?

Go to Top