Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Blank page from BlogHolder

5 Posts   1535 Views

jcrawford

Community Member, 2 Posts

25 July 2009 at 5:24pm

Hello,
I've just installed the Blog module. I rebuilt the database (which went fine). Now, when I view the blogholder page on the draft and published sites, I just get an empty page (template with no content or 2nd-level nav). No error is output.

For all I know I'm doing something very obvious wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what.

Thanks!

OutrunTheWolf

Community Member, 34 Posts

2 August 2009 at 7:14am

Do you mean your getting a completely blank (white) page, or is it loading in your page class, but nothing else?

Patrick__

Community Member, 8 Posts

17 September 2009 at 2:57am

I have the same problem. Using SS 2.3.3.

No Problem with creating the blog entries in the CMS. But at the front end i get completly blank white screen. I have the dev-mode activated and still don't get an error message.

Patrick__

17 September 2009 at 7:31pm

Edited: 17/09/2009 7:44pm

Ok, i switched from the tutorial theme to "blackcandy" an now i see the blog. What feature of "blackcandy" makes the blog work here?

Edit: It doesnt work with the "BrightSide1" - Theme.

Patrick__

24 September 2009 at 9:23pm

Edited: 24/09/2009 9:27pm

I now wrote some tests for the page with "Webtest" from canoo. When trying to invoke the BlogPage (showing a blank page) i got the following message. (Yes, the server is in development mode.)

"Unexpected exception caught: org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException"

I switched to the blackcandy - theme: the blog was there and no error message. Then i switched back to the tutorial theme and now the blog works again.

Can somebody give me a hint how to get rid of this?