Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Search in blog does not work

6 Posts   2368 Views

Mikle

Community Member, 1 Post

8 September 2009 at 8:35am

After click on the search button in blog I have got next : "Action 'SearchForm' isn't allowed on class BlogHolder_Controller".
In order to fix a little bug you should add 'SeachForm' to $allowed_actions array in BlogHolder.php

static $allowed_actions = array(
      'postblog' => 'BLOGMANAGEMENT',
      'post' => 'BLOGMANAGEMENT',
      'BlogEntryForm' => 'BLOGMANAGEMENT',
      'rss',
      'tag',
      'showarchive',
      'SearchForm',

);

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 September 2009 at 5:59pm

Hey Mikle,

You might like to add this to open.silverstripe.org as a ticket (if it isn't already) so that the core devs can track the issue and get the fix into the module

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

8 September 2009 at 6:10pm

Actually, the default Page type should have SearchForm added to its $allowed_actions, and BlogHolder will just pick this up.

Silversurver

Community Member, 1 Post

22 October 2009 at 12:01am

Hello,
it works ;-)
Thank you, it helps me a lot.

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

21 January 2010 at 2:20pm

Edited: 21/01/2010 4:21pm

just to make this a little more clear to newbies could someone please tell us exactly what to add
to our mysite/code/Page.php I believe it will be right before the init method of your controller.

I have tried this..

class Page_Controller extends ContentController {

static $allowed_actions = array(
'SearchForm',

);

public function init() {

How ever it seemed to cause a problem adding new posts from the blog page. I have since opted for the cade sample provided for the BlogHolder.php

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

23 January 2010 at 6:07am

I still have a problem that I believe is related.
I have used the code to solve the search issue as shown early in this thread.
I now have a problem with the 'Post a new blog entry' link shown when viewing a post. (BlogEntry)
When I click to post a new blog I receive this error: Action 'post' isn't allowed on class BlogHolder_Controller
It seems to be a related issue since the error is similar, however there is a 'post' entry already.
Anyone else come across this? I have tried the latest build but it won't install for me.