Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

RSSFeed: Can you subscribe to Children OF Children?

3 Posts   891 Views

Garrett

Community Member, 245 Posts

6 October 2009 at 2:44am

Hi,

I've got a Newsroom which has several content types, i.e.: Press Releases, the Blog, Events, etc. I'd like to offer an RSS feed on this parent level, but I noticed that the RSS Feed class constructor only takes $this->Children as a parameter. I'd like it to build the XML going another level down if possible. I tried passing in:

$rss = new RSSFeed($this->Children()->Children, $this->Link(), "Newsroom");

But alas it does not appear that Children() can be called recursively. Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Garrett

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

13 October 2009 at 2:38am

The first argument for the RSSFeed method needs a DataObjectSet, like you could get with Children(). Calling Children() on that does not make much sense I think, because you can call that only on one item, not on an entire set.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve: you want multiple rss feeds or one that combines all of them?

If you want 'all' of them in one, you could just do a DataObject::get("YourPageType", "WHERE", "SORTBY") and take that as the argument for the RSSFeed method.

Hope this makes some sense. :)

Garrett

Community Member, 245 Posts

13 October 2009 at 3:04am

That's a really good idea-- thanks @dio5! I will do exactly that.

//Garrett