Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blog h2 h3 title tags

Go to End

19 Posts   4732 Views

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

16 November 2009 at 11:42am

Thank you for the pointers. Makes me feel good that I am on the right track - maybe. I did try this already and nothing changes.

.BlogError {
text-align: center;
}

.BlogError p {
color: #fff;
display: inline;
background-color: #f77;
padding: 7px;
font-weight:bold;
}

h3 {
font-size: 1.5em;
padding-top:4px;
color: yellow;

}

So I tried this that you suggested...

.BlogError {
text-align: center;
}

.BlogError p {
color: #fff;
display: inline;
background-color: #f77;
padding: 7px;
}
#BlogContent h3 {
font-size: 1.5em;
padding-top:4px;
color: yellow;

}

Still nothing changes - for now I changed the color from red to a blue.

Thank you

steve_nyhof

16 November 2009 at 11:46am

I appreciate your help, but that didn't work for me either. Maybe I need to delete the files and upload again ???

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

16 November 2009 at 11:53am

Still nothing changes - for now I changed the color from red to a blue. 

How? and where? If you were able to change the color, isn't that problem solved? I have just taken a look at your blog and the font still looks exactly the same as it was before - blue with a grey bottom margin. I'm really confused by what you are after here now.

I really doubt that re-installing the blog will help with that error, but you can try (rename the Folder to "blog" too). Looking at that thread, this may be a bug with the current release. There is a code snippit on that thread that seems to have fixed it for a couple of people. Did you try that?

Aaron

steve_nyhof

16 November 2009 at 12:46pm

Edited: 16/11/2009 12:47pm

For now I changed the color in the typography.css file - from red to blue. All is good.

What is just confusing is that I do not know where to go to change the H3 tag to something else. I for the life of me have tried to find something that will change the H3 tag of the cloud and browse by date titles.

I have used Dream weaver for about 6 years. I know how to find things. But I do not understand the classes or coding in the .php files - maybe something in there controls these titles.

The only control I have had was to change the color. But those tags are some where - where???

Somewhere in <div class="WidgetHolder"> ???

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

16 November 2009 at 1:15pm

Just so we are looking at the same thing, you are looking at this page:

http://landingpages.ws/blog/tag/campaign

and wanting to change the text "Viewing entries tagged with 'campaign' and change that <h4> tag? This is what I don't understand. You're already changed it. You showed us the code to do that in your very first post.

steve_nyhof

16 November 2009 at 1:18pm

http://landingpages.ws/blog/ yes, same page.

I want to change the titles of "Tag Cloud" and "Browse by Date"

They are huge.

Yes I was able to change the H4 tag - done.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

16 November 2009 at 9:00pm

Edited: 16/11/2009 9:01pm

You're talking about the blog widgets (Tag Cloud, Browse by Date). They are based on the Widget Class and are rendered with the widget template. If you want to customize that, create a file named WidgetHolder.ss in mysite/templates and populate it with the following content:

<div class="WidgetHolder">
	<h4>$Title</h4>
	$Content
</div>

Then your Widget Titles should appear as H4 instead of H3 (as it is per default). Don't forget to flush the template by appending ?flush=1 to your URL.
Usually it's much simpler to use some custom css selectors and styles. You could also have added this to your CSS:

.WidgetHolder h3 {
font-size: 12px;
}

And bam! All your Widget Holder titles would have been much smaller!

steve_nyhof

17 November 2009 at 1:47am

Edited: 17/11/2009 1:49am

Bam! That did it. Sorry I didn't know what question to really ask. Now I have control over the size and the color - the css worked great also. Thank you.

Now my next question - and I see I can upload a file, is in the word count or something that will show more content... See picture. and see the site page... http://landingpages.ws/blog/

Attached Files