Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

BreadCrumbs - they don't show up

Go to End

11 Posts   2082 Views

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

17 November 2009 at 4:58am

Start of the BlogEntry.ss file - they are here...

<% include BlogSideBar %>
<div id="BlogContent" class="typography">
   <% include BreadCrumbs %>

http://www.landingpages.ws/google-seo-and-your-landing-page/

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 November 2009 at 3:35pm

Well couple points where this would fail.

a) Is that initial template being included - eg if you put a <h1>TEST!</h1> where the <% include %> is does that come up?
b) do you have a BreadCrumbs.ss file in theme/yours/templates/Includes/ (case matters)
c) Do you have a $BreadCrumbs code in your BreadCrumbss.ss file (case matters)

steve_nyhof

17 November 2009 at 3:54pm

a) Is that initial template being included - eg if you put a <h1>TEST!</h1> where the <% include %> is does that come up?
b) do you have a BreadCrumbs.ss file in theme/yours/templates/Includes/ (case matters)
c) Do you have a $BreadCrumbs code in your BreadCrumbss.ss file (case matters)

---------

a) yes, that shows up.
b) no - that was it - I had removed it because of the template I was setting up - Thank you.
c) All set

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

17 November 2009 at 4:37pm

Hi Steve,

Unless you've just fixed this recently, your breadcrumbs seem to work just fine.

The page you posted and http://www.landingpages.ws/maybe-you-just-need-the-right-tools/ both display the breadcrumb at the top when I look at them. You won't see them at your /blog/ level, as that is where the trail begins ofcourse.

Also, last we talked I got you to put your site into dev mode (in your /mysite/_config.php). Can you comment out that line if you haven't done so already?

Aaron

steve_nyhof

18 November 2009 at 3:55am

Yes, was missing the file. Got it working.
For now I removed the Date Archive because it still failed. I will deal with that once I have more entries and want it back.

I have commented out the dev

Thank you for your help.
Steve

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 November 2009 at 9:07am

Date Archive because it still failed...

The current stable release of blog has a bug with archive widgets - try downloading the latest daily build http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/blog-trunk-r91387.tar.gz which should have the date fixed

steve_nyhof

18 November 2009 at 9:53am

Everything seemed to work ok, but the widgets do not save. Drag and drop - Save and Publish. Refresh the page, none!

Any ideas what I might have missed?

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

18 November 2009 at 7:55pm

Edited: 18/11/2009 7:57pm

Did you do a dev/build and ?flush=1 on both the frontend and admin after installing Will's archive?

When you say "none", do you mean on the frontend or the admin?

Go to Top