Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

$100 AUD to get menu/site displaying correctly (CSS only)

Go to End

5 Posts   2347 Views

gocreative

Community Member, 17 Posts

28 May 2010 at 10:44am

(Sorry mods/admin - this is a repost but I wasn't able to move/delete my other topic)

I'm desperately trying to finish a client's website and am having two issues:

1. I can't get the design to display the same in IE6, IE7, IE8 and Firefox. (It displays perfectly in FF and IE8 but totally screwed up in IE6 and IE7, in different ways.)

2. The Son of Suckerfish drop-down menu displays correctly, once again, in FF and IE8, but not IE6/7 - in those, the drop-down appears to the right of the parent item (below it, but to the right of where it should be).

I've re-worked the template/CSS about five times and probably spent around 5-10 hours trying to fix the damn thing and frankly I'm over it. I can't even be bothered looking for an alternative menu to fix the problem.

A screenshot from Firefox is attached showing the submenu working properly.

So, if someone is interested in tackling these problems for me, there's $100 Australian Dollars in it for you. Please reply or contact me directly if you're interested or want more information. I need this done within the next three days.

Attached Files
biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

12 July 2010 at 3:47am

Have you solved?

gocreative

12 July 2010 at 4:44pm

Yes I have. Thank you anyway.

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

12 July 2010 at 8:22pm

Ok.. Problem was?

gocreative

12 July 2010 at 8:28pm

Not sure exactly, but I'd guess it was a combination of doctype, CSS and JS. The layout was fixed first and then the entire menu was replaced.