Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CloudStripe | Free SilverStripe Cloud Hosting for Beta Testers

Go to End

6 Posts   2939 Views

cloudstripe

Community Member, 9 Posts

13 August 2012 at 2:56am

Edited: 13/08/2012 2:56am

FREE Silverstripe cloud hosting for SilverStripe fanatics only!

I've been very frustrated by hosts and the pain of running SilverStripe on shared servers for about two years. Today I really need help from some SilverStripers who are also frustrated with SilverStripe and hosting provider performance issues.

As a small Web Design Agency, I went on a quest to try find a reliable solution for my clients. After countless hours of searching and trialing shared hosts for our clients. I realized there was, in fact, no one doing this. So, I decided to embrace my entrepreneurship spirit and started CloudStripe. CloudStripe was born less than 3 months ago and our little team have been working our butts off in the background. We're already hosting 40+ SilverStripe websites that belong to our existing customers. We've learned a great deal and optimized the infrastructure for SilverStripe.

Today we're taking CloudStripe out of stealth mode and opening up the cloud for FREE to SilverStripe fanatics! The solution might not be for everyone but for those who are interested, I would like to reward you in some way for help and feedback. For Beta feedback you will get 3 free websites in the cloud forever. Interested? Check out http://www.cloudstripe.com . All feedbacks are welcomed.

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

17 August 2012 at 2:24pm

looks like an interesting value proposition... will definitely check it out :)

cloudstripe

17 August 2012 at 7:14pm

Thanks camfindlay. You should have got the credentials to access CloudStripe; i just processed your beta invitation request.

I think Freddie Mercury wrote the song "Under Pressure" for the CloudStripe Beta Team. Due to the huge interest and large volumes of beta signups, pressure is raining down on us here! I apologize for the delay in setting up your account.

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

20 August 2012 at 1:42am

Tnx Cloudstripe for the beta space.
There are some lose ends but i think u can handle them to be the best ss hosting ever.

cloudstripe

20 August 2012 at 2:22am

Edited: 20/08/2012 4:59pm

Hello Webdoc,
Thanks for the kind words, they really mean a lot to me.

Also, could you please spare a few minutes and use the ticket or feedback form on cloudstripe to list the areas that you believe could use some improvement. I would love to read your ideas.

Thanks again for sparing the time to beta test. I am glad you like it.

cloudstripe

22 August 2012 at 12:28am

Edited: 22/08/2012 4:10am

Hurry, Beta is Closing!

There are a small number of open beta slots left. We expect those slots to be filled within the next 48 hours. If you haven't signed up for a free for life beta account yet, better hurry before you are too late.

Going Forward:

We plan to action feedback from beta testers to improve CloudStripe even more. Once completed, we will launch and be open for business!

If you miss the beta closing date, register to be notified of the upcoming launch date of CloudStripe. Those who register in advance will receive an exclusive discount for expressing interest.