Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Connect With Other SilverStripe Members /

For all SilverStripe-related topics that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe developer available for hire

Go to End

5 Posts   2264 Views

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

25 September 2009 at 5:07am

Edited: 25/09/2009 5:30pm

I've done a couple of SilverStripe sites and I'm looking to help move sites in or build from scratch.

http://www.tobychampion.co.uk/

Back in January, Sigurd suggested someone start a thread under this topic as a venue for freelancers to announce themselves.

http://www.silverstripe.org/connect-with-other-silverstripe-members/show/251434#post251434

Is there somewhere better I might do this?

Edit: By "developer" I don't mean I've contributed code to SilverStripe. I've not yet done that.

Toby

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

8 October 2009 at 12:40pm

Tobych, I am looking for some help integrating Cartweaver PHP (an ecommerce solution) with Silverstripe. I'm sure it's really easy. I've been able to install Cartweaver into static sites, but never in conjunction with SS. I'm told it's supposed to be painless, but I don't know how to get it work.

How much do you charge for your freelance work?

~ James

tobych

8 October 2009 at 1:59pm

James,

I'd not heard of Cartweaver before, but I've had a quick look at the documentation and skimmed a few reviews and it sounds like you'd basically need to install Cartweaver as a site within your SilverStripe site, rather than having them work together in any real way.

I'm writing this here in case anyone else wants to do the same thing, and comes across this thread.

I couldn't see any mention of an API that might mean you could, for example, display some product details from the system in a page in your SilverStripe page, although you could probably get SS to do that if it can read from Cartweaver's database. So the work would, as I understand it from a very cursory skim, basically be:

1. Tweaking your server configuration (if Apache, it would be .htaccess) so the appropriate URLs go to the Cartweaver site. Either as a directory within your site (eg james.com/shop) or on a separate domain (eg shop.james.com).

2. Doing what you can to match the site design, based on the theme you're using in SilverStripe.

I might be totally wrong about this of course, as I have no experience with Cartweaver.

Feel free to get in touch if you're still interested in help (perhaps someone else will respond to you too!).

See my website for contact details.

Toby

Valorinbattle

Community Member, 95 Posts

8 October 2009 at 2:10pm

tobych, thanks for the reply. I can handle the design aspect of it, as it's also all CSS-driven.
And after communicating back and forth Cartweaver, they've never heard of SilverStripe, but they feel simple include statements or require once statements in a page type should do the job. but SS keeps coming back at me with all sorts of Undefined Index statements.

What I'm looking to do here is create a page type called store.ss
Create a page in SS and change it's type to store.ss
(this way it's still in SS navigation and stays in SS's design)
Have store.ss call out to the cartweaver pages and draw that information into the store.ss page.

Do you think this can be accomplished?

tobych

8 October 2009 at 2:16pm

James,

I don't know enough about Cartweaver (yet) to answer this, to be honest. But as I say, if you're looking for help, I suggest you get in touch with me directly and we can see if we can figure it out together. If we come up a solution we can post the results on the forum.

Toby