Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Page View bad redirect only for home page

3 Posts   1580 Views

speedofmac

Community Member, 10 Posts

6 June 2010 at 4:53am

I've read a number of posts, but I haven't been able to find one exactly like this. Whenever I try to view my home page, I get a Page Not Found error. The Page View: Draft Site and Published Site both try to view my homepage as "index.php/?stage=Live", which doesn't work. "index.php/home?stage=Live" also doesn't work.

These do, however:

/index.php?stage=Live
/?stage=Live

This only seems to be the problem when my homepage is named "home". If I change the name to "home2", everything works fine, and the page view directs to "index.php/home2/?stage=Live" just fine. If I change the name to "home", however, I get the same problem. I've tried with a fresh version of SilverStripe, a new SQL database, flushing my SilverStripe installation, flushing cookies, and just in case, I tried it in three different browsers. I also tried setting this page to be the 'home page' of its installation directory. (It would be nice if SilverStripe provided examples for how these should be formatted: whether to include the "http://", "www", and so on.)

It seems like it should be an easy fix, but I don't know my way around php very well. Can someone point me in the right direction?

danny

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 October 2010 at 1:59am

I have the same problem on the live site but not on my localhost. The live site does not seem to have url-rewriting enabled. maybe it is unrelated.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

28 October 2010 at 2:31am

Doesn't sound too healthy - sounds like a mod_rewrite not enabled issue or you have some 'junk' in your Sitetree check you default home page exists in the Sitetree with the urlsegement 'home'