Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Javascript errors in Admin CMS

Go to End

4 Posts   2913 Views

Community Member, 46 Posts

24 February 2009 at 5:04pm

I just got done developing a site with silverstripe 2.3.0 stable. It was working fine on my local MAMP PRO (default setup) server. As soon as I moved it over to the live web server apache (hostmonster, shared) I started getting javascript errors in the cms. When I click on a page in the site tree it just hangs there. I tried a fresh install on the hostmonster account and I get the same issues in the cms. So I am figuring this must be due to a server setting.

What server settings would cause the javascript (particularly the ajax calls) to not work correctly? Or is there something else I should look into.

Thanks, Ryan

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

24 February 2009 at 10:05pm

"Javascript errors" is probably a bit too vague to expect any meaningful response. Please post the specific error (you can find it in your browsers javascript error console or through

Community Member, 16 Posts

6 July 2009 at 1:05pm

Having similar errors. This happened on a previous site I was working on, then seemed to stop. This time I lose the scroll bar on the right and have to tab through content, which gets messed up too. Attached is a screenshot of the stuff that happens. I would love to get this figured out.

Attached Files

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

7 July 2009 at 9:30am

Wow, that looks pretty messed up - can't say I've ever seen this behavior... Can you replicate this on a fresh installation as well? Might be inconsistent sitetree records causing markup breakages. You didn't overload any CMS templates right? Do you have any modules installed? Can you please try admin/?flush=1?

I still need the actual javascript error from your javascript console or firebug though...