Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Content Editor Discussions /

Forum for content editors and CMS users.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Potential features: 'import external image' and/or 'site-wide find/replace'?

alirobe

Community Member, 35 Posts

5 July 2009 at 7:52pm

I'm currently in the remarkably boring process of copying/pasting a very large, very nice, 'fairly valid' XHTML site over to Silverstripe, and it occurs to me that one button I could really use is a 'copy image to local server' button. I've copied and pasted content from the live website (which you can see [url=http://kingfisher.com.au/ApplicationNotes.htm]here[/url] FWIW) and it's littered with little images which are all pointing to the live site via absolute links. If I could quickly go into image properties and copy the image across to the assets folder, that would be a really, really neat time saver.

An alternative to this would be a HTML sub-folder-wide/site-wide find & replace function (perhaps in batch actions?).

I suspect I will wind up doing a MySQL hack job, but it occurs to me that it would be nice to provide these sorts of interfaces for people - especially when you consider the revision control. Unfortunately, I'm a relative newcomer to PHP/Sapphire/SilverStripe (loving it!), and I don't have anything like the skills required to take this on myself. So I thought I'd throw the idea out there. Your thoughts?