Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Redirect Group away from CMS

4 Posts   1014 Views

morewordsfaster

Community Member, 8 Posts

2 December 2009 at 7:10am

I've created a user group of basic users that should only be allowed to view content, however they are able to access the CMS and I don't want them to be able to. I've been trying to find a good place to slip in a check to see if someone is a member of this group and run a redirect upon attempting to access the /admin/ area, but have yet to find it. Anyone know where a good place for this would be?

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

5 December 2009 at 1:32am

The easiest way to do this without any code: Install the Forum-Modul. Than you have a group "Forum-Members", which you can subclass.

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

5 December 2009 at 2:00am

Why don't you just create a group without cms and admin access.

They can then login and view content which is set to loggedin users, but don't have backend access....

Or am I missing something?

morewordsfaster

Community Member, 8 Posts

6 December 2009 at 8:00am

I might have a look at the Forum module's user group to see how that's done, but for now I went ahead and added the redirect upon login bit of this [url=http://www.ssbits.com/custom-login-form-with-group-based-redirection/]recipe[/url] into the external authentication module on my install. Also editted LeftandMain's init() to redirect if the user is not a member of the Administrators group. Works for now. :)