Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Is viewing a versioned dataobject's history in ModelAdmin possible/available?

Go to End

2 Posts   1205 Views

dizzystuff

Community Member, 94 Posts

7 April 2015 at 5:20am

I'm all good with extending a DataObject using Versioned, and managing the DataObject via ModelAdmin, but I can't find any built-in functionality or add-ons/modules that provide the same behaviour as the CMS's Page History tab. That is, displaying a list of versions, loading each version as readonly, performing comparisons across two versions and allowing rollbacks to previous versions.

I've looked pretty hard and either I'm just crazy and missing the obvious - or, while I can find a bunch of solid modules to manage both Pages and Versioned DataObjects via ModelAdmin, the Page History form is the only "Versioned History form" supplied in SilverStripe and no one has published a module with the same review/compare/rollback behaviour. I can see it could be quite a task to build, so it's understandable!

Can any one out there confirm what I've concluded, or alternatively point me towards an existing solution?

I must admit I'm kind of surprised that even with the Versioned extension for DataObjects out there I can't seem to find much in the way of any conversations about this kind of functionality (across dev-list, forum and SO!). I'm guessing that means Versioned on DataObjects is primarily being used by the community for draft/publish state management rather than any real history/versioning?

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

7 April 2015 at 11:17pm

There is no built-in functionality, however I was reasonably sure there was a module for this.
Not sure that it's all up to date though (ie. 3.1 compatible).