Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Next and Previous Buttons when viewing DataObjects in admin

Go to End

3 Posts   1168 Views

fraxier95

Community Member, 8 Posts

3 August 2015 at 6:06pm

Hello there, first question and hopefully a simple one.

I've been looking around for a solution to this but I'm only seeing threads pertaining to adding new buttons with custom form actions to the cmsfields of a dataobject but I remember this was a feature in a previous version of Silverstripe.

Basically I have a ModelAdmin extension that shows a GridField of DataObjects and when I go into a record I notice that there's no option to load the next or previous DataObject record and I have to go back to the main GridField and click the next or previous DataObject. Problem is I need to go through each DataObject and manually check the relationships for it so without the next and previous buttons/links it's very time consuming and when the DataObject is on say the fifth page, clicking back (not the browser back button) it takes me to the first page. Very time consuming. Is there already a implemented feature for these buttons?

Thanks a bunch

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

3 August 2015 at 8:00pm

You might want to take a look at this module: http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/unclecheese/betterbuttons

fraxier95

Community Member, 8 Posts

3 August 2015 at 8:12pm

Oh nice, I see that there are indeed the buttons I need. I will try this out thanks very much :)