Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Add new functions to CMS

6 Posts   972 Views

pean

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 December 2009 at 12:26pm

I am sort of new to SilverStripe but getting into it more and more, now I am a bit stuck though.

I want to add more pages to the CMS. I'll explain my scenario:
I've created a contact form with a bunch of fields and a file upload and I want to show all the entries and link to the files for download in a list in the CMS.

I've googled around for a while now, and all I got is a new button at the top of the CMS, how do I add new pages? Can someone point me in the right direction?

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

20 December 2009 at 12:47am

Get a look at ModelAdmin.php

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

20 December 2009 at 2:35am

Well, the docs will be a little more useful than the PHP file.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=modeladmin

pean

22 December 2009 at 7:01am

Thanks, that should get me started.

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

22 December 2009 at 9:26am

If you subclass LeftAndMain, the CMS will pick up the class automatically, and insert it in the CMS menu. Have a look how the CMSMain is done, and steal the code from there. Why are you implementing that wihin CMS, may I ask? What's the scenario?

Cheers

pean

23 December 2009 at 9:38pm

I sometimes have difficulties getting mail through properly, and since I already let the customer login to the CSM to control their own content, it seems like a good idea to put content coming from the website there too.

I also though that is should be a good start to start playing around with the CMS...