Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Problem setting directory for file/image uploads

2 Posts   1089 Views

HilaryB

Community Member, 11 Posts

22 December 2009 at 4:31am

I want to be able to set the directory that images and files uploaded for a particular pagetype get put in when creating a page in the CMS. I have tried adding a location to the definition of the FileIframeIfield in getCMSFields() -

$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Summary", new FileIFrameField('Resource', 'Resource', null, null, null, 'assets/resources/case_studies'));

as I have found suggested elsewhere in the forums, the directory exists and is writable. However I find that the files are written to the standard 'assets/uploads' directory instead. Does anyone know why this is? Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I am using 2.3.3 for this installation, however I have had the same problem with a 2.3.4 installation.

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

14 January 2010 at 7:39pm

Edited: 09/04/2010 6:14pm

Ditto!

I would love this to work it is a know bug, I spent a while trying to fix it and just gave up as it involved hacking too much of the SilverStripe core, to me not being able to do this just creates a big mess in the assets/Uploads folder if you use the [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=fileiframefield]FileIframeField[/url] you can select an existing file and manage the files and folders in Files/Images this is how I train the clients to use it keeps it neat.

**** BUMP *****

Can the devs comment on a solution or when this is going to be fixed?

**** BUMP *****