Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Customise the login form

Go to End

4 Posts   1748 Views

thany2

Community Member, 7 Posts

12 August 2015 at 10:18pm

I'd like to customise the login form. Now, before you start typing "Make a file called Security_login.ss" as is written absolutely everywhere, I did that, and it's not what I need. I don't need the page AROUND the login form to change, I need to customise the login form ITSELF. So whatever is in `$Form` is what I need to modify.

Where can I add a template to do that, what should I name it in order for SS to pick it up, and what options do I have as far as templating goes?

I'm using SS 3.1.13.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

13 August 2015 at 3:04am

Edited: 13/08/2015 3:12am

thany2

Community Member, 7 Posts

13 August 2015 at 4:19am

I do? I didn't mean to be hostile. Just trying to be as clear as possible, that's all. I'm trying to prevent replies like "make a Security_login.ss and put $Form in it", because that's literally all I got in my searches and it seemed like sort of defacto standard reply for questions like this.

Anyway, I don't know that I need to write a whole new login class. I'm not trying to change the functionality in any way. Just the HTML is what I need to have changed...

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

13 August 2015 at 9:53pm

Edited: 13/08/2015 10:30pm

So... you don't want to change the template; you just want to change the template?
Make a template for MemberLoginForm(.ss) - see the default Form.ss template for details.

I appreciate you're trying to be clear, and it helps to include detail. But there are softer ways to approach the same end linguistically.