Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Search with own theme doesn't work

5 Posts   1007 Views

Roelfsche

25 Posts

10 January 2010 at 11:59am

Hi,
I created my own theme an recognized, the search functionality doesn't work. I red the search tutorial - the necessary code is already in the Page.php file.
If I use 'blackcandy' the search works, if I use my own theme, it does not.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
roelfsche

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 January 2010 at 5:22pm

Have you got a Page_results.ss template for the result listing in your custom theme? This is the template for the results page - so if you don't have one you won't see any results. If thats not the issue you might want to explain a bit better what isn't working.

Roelfsche

25 Posts

10 January 2010 at 9:19pm

I have a Page_results.ss in my template.
And I don't know why, but after switching back to my template, it works. Yesterday I tried serveral hours to get it work, cleared the cache, rebuildt the db and so on. Is there any other option I have to set (that may be automatically is done when switching the template)?
So long, thank you for your reply.
roelfsche

Roelfsche

25 Posts

10 January 2010 at 10:38pm

Edited: 10/01/2010 10:45pm

Hmmm...
I try to modify things with searching - translation and layout - and the same behaviour like upstairs described occurs.
After some tests the SearchForm jumps to my homepage and don't show results.
If I switch the theme to blackcandy and back everything works fine, again...
Does anybody has a explaination for that?
My theme directory looks like this:

theme1
[dir]css
[dir]images
[dir]templates
--------[file]Page.ss
--------[dir] Layout
----------------[file]Page.ss
----------------[file]Page_results.ss

I found out, that the HTML form-tag isn't filled, if I use my own theme. If I switch to blackcandy the following form tag is rendered:

<form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method="get" action="/contact-us/SearchForm" id="SearchForm_SearchForm">

In my template it only looks like this:

<form>

I have no idea, what's the reason for that.
Thank you in advance,
Roelfsche

Roelfsche

25 Posts

11 January 2010 at 12:13am

Oh my god, I'm so stupid...
I wrapped the form in my template within an empty form tag, I used for test reasons...