Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

HtmlEditorField in Popup

3 Posts   1713 Views

Roelfsche

25 Posts

25 January 2010 at 9:54pm

Edited: 25/01/2010 10:25pm

Good Morning,
I tried to use a HTMLEditorField in a popup on a HasManyComplexTableField. I have the problem, that the input is not saved into DB. If I change from HTMLEditorField to TextareaField it works as expected.
The appropriate field in the DB is defined as 'HTMLText'. If I look into the DB table only '<p></p>' is saved. That looks to me that something is saved from the HTMLEditorField but not the input.
Does anybody know the reason for that? What made I wrong?

Edit: If I inspect the network traffic with firebug, I can see, that only '<p></p>' is transmitted. May be a javascript problem?
During js debugging I saw there is a problem with resolving the name "sapphiremce_cleanup". The code is in tiny_mce_scr.js on line 7428. The resolve function returns 'undefined' and then a function will be called on that "f.apply(...)".

Thank you,
Roelfsche

theAlien

Community Member, 131 Posts

26 January 2010 at 2:06pm

Edited: 26/01/2010 2:07pm

Hi,

You indeed can't use HTMLEditorField in the CTF-popups because of some javascript-issues.

You'd better use UncleCheese's DataObjectManager-module instead of CTF.
Since HTMLEditorField can't be used in DOM either, DOM has some nice simple HTMLEditorFields packaged.
These are lacking some features, but will do a lot better than nothing I guess.

Oh, and on top of that: DOM is quite a bit nicer styled than CTF imo ;-)

Roelfsche

25 Posts

26 January 2010 at 8:58pm

Thank you, theAlien,
I will try the DataObjectManager module.
Roelfsche