Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Formatting Date

4 Posts   1266 Views

eddieconnecti

Community Member, 26 Posts

27 January 2010 at 12:30pm

SS stores Datetime like '2008-06-21 20:30:00' not as timestamp in mySQL Database. I checked this with phpMyAdmin. If I use following code, it results in "01.01.1970", no matter what date I use. Does anyone have an idea how to get a dateobject out of this string? I would prefer not to use explode, I think there must be a php function to do it. I checked the sapphire api and they also use strtotime... No clue...

Example of code:

$starttime = strtotime( $this->start );
$dateTip = date( 'd.m.Y', $starttime );

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 January 2010 at 1:09pm

Well if your field is a SSDateTime field in the database when you do $this->dbObject('FieldName') in the PHP or $FieldName in the templates it returns the full object so you can call the various methods etc.

eddieconnecti

28 January 2010 at 9:09am

Sorry, doesn´t work. See, I use Datetime:

public static $db = array(
      "Start" => "Datetime",
      "End" => "Datetime"
   );

Should I better use SSDatetime? If I change the field, do I loose already stored dates? Do I have to write them all again?

But I think, your solution with

$starttime = $this->dbObject( "start" );

should also work with MySQL Datetime...? Maybe I made a mistake, but where...

eddieconnecti

15 February 2010 at 11:00am

To close this thread I will tell you what finally did it:

I changed DateTime to SSDateTime and left all other code as is. It works now. Best of it: I did not have to change one single date in the database.