Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Move URL field to Main tab

Go to End

6 Posts   2175 Views

Community Member, 45 Posts

7 February 2010 at 5:29am

Has anyone had any luck moving the URL field to the Main tab? I tried it about a month ago with no luck. i am pretty familiar with customizing the CMS tabs in the past, but cannot seem to get this particular field to move correctly. any tips would be appreciated.

Community Member, 89 Posts

8 February 2010 at 9:15am

What about something like below? I didn't try that, this is based on code that moves tabs around, so it might fail :)

$segment = $fields->fieldByName('Root')->fieldByName('Content')->fieldByName('Metadata')->fieldByName('URLSegment');
$fields->removeFieldFromTab('Root.Content.Metadata', 'URLSegment');
$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', $segment);

Community Member, 45 Posts

10 February 2010 at 11:02am

thanks for idea - but this method did not work. anyone else have any insight/experience with moving this Field to the Main tab?

Community Member, 197 Posts

2 April 2010 at 1:58pm

This works for me:

$fields->removeFieldFromTab('Root.Content.Metadata', 'URL'); 
      $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new TextField('URLSegment','URL'));

Community Member, 16 Posts

12 July 2010 at 2:02pm

I tried the code posted by hknight and it moves the URL to the main tab however the field is no longer automatically filled by JavaScript. How can I get the JavaScript to auto-fill it after moving it?

Community Member, 181 Posts

12 July 2010 at 3:00pm

You might need to update the script, it uses the id of the input element which may have changed after you moved it.

The script is sapphire/javascript/UpdateURL.js

either edit it or better still, block the requirement and add your own updated version of the script (in your getCMSFields).

This is based on v2.4.0.