Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Assign Advertisements in to selected pages

3 Posts   990 Views

Arun

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 February 2010 at 1:09am

Hi All,

I have developed one module (Advertisement) near to Site Content tab. In the Advertisement section i can add different types of ads and it will listed at the left side menu too. So which means, i have completed the Add/Edit/Delete functionality of the Advertisement section.
Now What i need is, I have to assign each ads in to selected pages ( Site-tree ). Since i am Newbie to this Silverstripe I don't have enough idea to How can i implement the Ad assign to the pages section. I have tired many ways but i can't implement that section.

What i need is after adding the ad I have to assign that particular ad in to the pages (site-tree). If a site tree shown in a popup with check box and check the needed page and save that change . This is what i need.

Please help me for developing this module. Any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks
Arun.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 February 2010 at 3:09am

Hi Arun!

You don’t explain the ‘many ways’ you tried to do it and what issues did you found, but assuming that your Advertisement module is rather a Page or a DataObject, you’ll have to create a relationship between ads and pages. It’s quite easy: just follow [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorial:5-dataobject-relationship-management]the tutorial[/url].

Hope it helps.
Juan

Arun

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 February 2010 at 3:47am

Hi Juan,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I will go through the link that you have sent to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Arun.