Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Customize backend style and UI

14 Posts   4661 Views

Wilson

Community Member, 63 Posts

31 March 2010 at 2:39pm

Interesting. Everything you mentioned worked and the link tag appears. But the file doesn't appear to load. I imagine it's an .htaccess issue. I'll play around with a bit later this evening.

jorrie

Community Member, 40 Posts

31 March 2010 at 7:10pm

Thanks

Can we use this also to set templates to something like /themes/admin ??
If I copy /templates from /cms and place them in /mysite it also works but its not a real good solution, it will still loads all js and css stuff from /cms

What would be a place to hook into the user permissions?
So I can check which if the logged in user is admin or note, if not admin It would display a simplified backend skin for enduser.

Heike-san

Community Member, 52 Posts

2 April 2010 at 3:56am

Hi,

this extension is very useful but when I am trying to edit the right side of the CMS it does not worked on 2.4.
My styling keeps getting overwritten by cms_right.css.

Can someone advise me ? do I need to add an extension for the CMSMain (because I tried and it didn't worked so well).

Thomashv

Community Member, 33 Posts

3 February 2011 at 10:57pm

Hi,

Did you find any solution to this?
I've got the same problem. The cms_right.css overrides my custom css, so it is impossible to change font color on labels I use to describe the purpose of the fields.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

4 February 2011 at 3:25pm

The cms_right.css overrides my custom css, so it is impossible to change font color on labels I use to describe the purpose of the fields.

Could you not just use a more specific selector to override it?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1097 Posts

5 September 2011 at 1:45am

Just found out that, instead of extending LeftAndMain, you can use the following in your mysite/_config.php:

LeftAndMain::require_css('mysite/css/MyCustomCSS.css');

or even

SSViewer::set_theme('MyTheme');

LeftAndMain::require_themed_css('MyCustomCSS');

Note: he latter will follow the theme that was initially set, not(!) alternative themes you select using SiteConfig.