Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Adding Multiple Users to a Security Group at a time

3 Posts   1946 Views

BrysaniStudios

Community Member, 12 Posts

20 April 2010 at 12:14pm

Hello,
I'm new to silverstripe and I'm pretty familiar with php, but this cms is throwing me off a bit, haven't worked with oop php too much. Anyways, i'm porting a site over to this cms and i have a set of users that i'd like to insert into a security group, but it seems you can only insert one at a time... is there a way to insert more then one?

-Bryant

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

20 April 2010 at 6:21pm

So I take it your adding members to a group programmatically rather than through a UI?. The group -> member relation is wrapped in a ComponentSet which has a method addMany() which you could call

$group->addMany($members);

Where $group would be your group object and $members a dataobjectset of the members you wish to add.

BrysaniStudios

Community Member, 12 Posts

21 April 2010 at 8:56am

Through the UI would be the most helpful, but if that can't be done, then I guess it needs to be done programatically. I saw that it can export csv, but no import? I would only need to do it once, so should i do it through phpmyadmin then instead?