Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error Saving Content Tutorial 2 Issue with Date field

Go to End

21 Posts   6498 Views

dk

Community Member, 2 Posts

26 July 2011 at 10:20am

The only way I solved this out of interest is to downgrade my PHP version to 5.2.x

I tracked it down to locale-related settings and functions that didn't work with 5.3 - nothing to do with timeout per se, moreso that there was some problem running the locale-specific dates using iconv library or something like that. I looked into for a good few hours and gave up by reverting to PHP 5.2.

bartvanirsel

Community Member, 96 Posts

26 July 2011 at 7:15pm

Hi,

I'm running 5.3 and dont have this problem.

The thing i did was install the locales i'm using in the OS.
I dont know what OS your webserver is running on but for Ubuntu and Debian i did the following (for installing the dutch locales):

ubuntu:

apt-get install language-pack-nl-base

debian (lenny):

apt-get install debconf
dpkg-reconfigure locales
.. nl_NL.utf8 istalleren

Hope this will help.

klikhier

Community Member, 150 Posts

11 August 2011 at 8:30pm

Just some more info: I recently moved to OS X Lion (language = English) and MAMP 2.0.1 and this issue turned up. Selecting PHP 5.2.17 in MAMP and everything works fine. But when selecting 5.3, I get this error message.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Users/Menno/Sites/_245/sapphire/thirdparty/Zend/Locale/Format.php on line 665

Would it be possible to install a Dutch nl_NL language pack to OS X (as this is already part of the OS, right)?

adiwidjaja

Community Member, 14 Posts

25 August 2011 at 9:21am

I had this problem, using MAMP 1.9.5 on OSX Lion with PHP 5.3.5. I solved it by updating to MAMP 2.0.2, see this stackoverflow question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5400154/iconv-strlen-function-causing-execution-timeout-running-on-mamp

klikhier

Community Member, 150 Posts

1 September 2011 at 8:12pm

Confirmation: updating to 2.0.2 solved this issue.

Go to Top