Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Modifying SummaryFields as they are displayed

Go to End

11 Posts   3803 Views

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

13 July 2010 at 8:44pm

Nice one martimiz! This will definitely come in handy.

I was in fact referring to ModelAdmin in this instance. Any pointers?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

13 July 2010 at 9:32pm

Yeah, well.. In ModelAdmin, FieldFormatting for the tlf is set in the getResultsTable(..) method in the ModelAdmin_CollectionController class, where it creates the clickable link around the field value. So this would be a very dirty hack (just to hint):

ModelAdmin.php line 721 - replace:

function getResultsTable($searchCriteria) {
$tf->setFieldFormatting(array_combine(array_keys($summaryFields), array_fill(0,count($summaryFields), $url)));
}

By:

function getResultsTable($searchCriteria) {
$arrFormatting = array_combine(array_keys($summaryFields), array_fill(0,count($summaryFields), $url));

$arrFormatting['Date'] = str_replace('$value', '$NiceDate', $arrFormatting['Date']);

$tlf->setFieldFormatting($arrFormatting);
}

Doing it the proper way would require some major extending of the ModelAdmin classes, I guess, and defining some sort of $formatted_fields static property, equivalent to $summary fields, unless I'm missing something obvious. It is doable, but would be a nice new feature for the ModelAdmin class maybe :-)

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

15 July 2010 at 9:39pm

Ok, thank you very much for that Martimiz.

As much as I dislike dirty hacks, if this is what the client wants it's what they get!

I agree it would be a good feature for ModelAdmin.

Go to Top